I know something is holding you back from fully experiencing yourself, your life and your relationships. I know, because that was me some years ago.
I want to work with you and show you the way through. I want to help you relieve the suffering that comes with anxiety, sadness, depression, childhood issues, and relationship struggles. I know we will spend time on the “diagnosis” and, I’m more interested in where you want to go. We can only look back for so long.
Together we will identify habits, both mental and behavioral, that are preventing you from being your most amazing self.
I’m here to listen, offer ideas for new ways of thinking and being in your life. I will be here to support you as you incorporate changes into your life.
I’m open, easy going, insightful and funny.
I see my role with you as a hired collaborator. My job is to work myself out of a job.
I will help you become your own best therapist.
I have been in private practice for many years. I love the freedom and ability to work with you in the ways that are most beneficial to you. It’s exciting to work hard for you and support you to move along in your life. I don’t want you to be in therapy for years and years. I want to help you get what you want and need and then go.
Go live your best life!
I have a vast knowledge base. Both in education, training and experience. (See below for more info about my education and training if you are interested.) I can pull from a wealth of experience that will best serve you and your needs.
Something different about me as a therapist is my ability to incorporate yoga psychology and yoga practice into your work with me if you are interested. You might be surprised and encouraged by what yoga can bring to your growth and healing.
I’m a believer.
I can relate with you! No, really, I can. I have worked through many of the same issues that my clients bring with them to therapy. Someone (who, I’m not sure) once said, “You can’t take someone where you are not willing to go.” I believe that and know my personal experiences in therapy have made me a better therapist than most.
You won’t find me at my therapist’s office much anymore (not opposed to a tune up once and awhile.). I’m out in the world living my life. I’m facilitating growth and healing in others. Don’t get me wrong, I still struggle at times, we all do. And, I know how to get back on track and get back to living. Remember, you don’t get extra points in life for suffering.
Finally, what I want you to know about me is that I will hold space, hope and support for you until you are able to do that for yourself. I want to see you soon. Let’s get to work.
Diane L. Bailey, RN, LPC, RYT500
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registered Nurse
- MD Anderson Hospital Medical/Surgical Thoracic Oncology
- Women’s Health
- Menninger Hospital- OCD Unit
- University of Houston Clear Lake
- Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Advanced studies in Cognitive – Behavioral Therapy – Aaron T Beck,MD David Burns, MD
- Psychodrama training (300 hours) – Dorothy Satten, PhD
- Mindfulness Self-Compassion Training – Kristen Neff, PhD
- Menninger Hospital, OCD specialization
- Private Practice with Individual, Family, and Groups
- Registered Yoga Teacher-500
- 600+ hours teaching public classes, workshops and retreats
- Advanced Studies in Yoga Psychology, Meditation and integration of Western psychology with Eastern traditions and teachings